As a media conclave under CONSENSIO 2020, Media Blitz features contests for short films and news reporting, as a means to encourage and promote young talents in the respective mediums. Aimed to challenge, engage and entertain the budding film makers and news reporters, Media Blitz also works towards bridging the gap between students and professionals of the media industry.
Prizes worth ₹27,500 to be won
Rules and regulations
- Category: Fiction/ Non-fiction
- Duration of the film: Maximum 15 minutes including credits
- Last date of submission: 5th Feb, 2020
- Submissions of films: Films which were made after 1st January 2018 can be submitted. The works have to be submitted in DVD format (Two DVD copies). The previewed copy will not be returned and shall be preserved in Royal Global University’s Archive. On the submitted copies, the name of the Producer, Director and the title of the film have to be indicated with other details.
- Entry Form: Please use ONE entry form per film. One filmmaker can send more than one film.
- Films can be made in any language but must have English subtitles.
- Jury’s decision will be final and binding.
- Additional documents
- 30 words (minimum) synopsis/summary plus any printed production notes and other festivals screening, awards etc. (if any).
- Credits listing.
- All additional documentation along with director’s name, contact number and email id should be sent in a data CD format or by e-mail.
- Envelope must be marked with ‘MEDIA BLITZ- CINEMASCOPE’.
- Registration fees: ₹200 per entry
All events are time bound.
Participants are suggested to attend Consensio 2020 on all three days to be able to cover as many events as possible, within the RGU campus on 7th, 8th and 9th February. (Not mandatory)
Participants must cover at least 3 events at RGU during Consensio 2020 and file a report following a proper news report format. (5Ws-1H, inverted pyramid…)
Lede news paragraph of the best news reports will be compiled like a bulletin.
Selected report writers thereafter will read the compiled bulletin like a TV news anchor and the best presenter will be awarded.
Decision of the judges will be final and binding.
i. Participants are suggested to visit RGU on all days of Consensio ’20 to cover maximum events before the Bulletin Buzz event.
ii. Participants may note down points and use voice recordings as bytes but the final news report must be filed at the venue on 9th February in front of the panel of judges.
i.Participants must welcome viewers to their show, introduce themselves and read the headlines out loud and wrap the Bulletin up within 3 minutes.
For any queries contact:
Richa Singh – 80116 19351